1.5K views

I am a long time gardener with many years experience in dealing with plant catalogs and growing plants in a very large flower garden. I have ordered plants from catalogs over the years and never had such a bad experience as with Royal Dutch Gardens a subsidiary of Burgess. The plants from the Spring 2014 catalog appeared to be DOA (and in fact many were as I discovered later) and much of my order did not even arrive until approximately 05-01-14. I tried to cancel the undelivered items but apparently it was too late to cancel. I have been in contact with the company several times by mail beginning 04-16-14 and several times by telephone. None of the responses have been acceptable. I was told to get a refund I had to respond within 14 days. If plants are in the ground, how in the world do you know in 14 days they are not going to live?

No other company I have dealt with has this kind of policy. I give your company a F and would not recommend it to anyone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Burgess Seed And Plant Company Plant.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Location: Gilmer, Texas

Comments

I had a similar problem. never received part of order and another was DOA.After about 15 emails I did receive a 60% refund.

now my next adventure is trying to get a refund or replacement of the DOA items.Not a company to do business. Better choice is your local nursey .

Ditto x 2!

My issue was not dead plants but wrong plants: daylilies instead of iris. I contacted the company; they sent another notice that iris were out of stock and sent me more daylilies.

The third request was for the plants ordered or a refund.

I got instead a voucher good only at their company. Incredibly poor customer relations, second only to their inept service.

@PissedConsumer949622

You need to contact the attorney general in that state. I did and got huge results.

Burgess Seed And Plant Company Reviews