1.7K views
Verified Reviewer

1.9

WARNING: Do Not Buy plants or products from this company unless you want to jump through hoops from a Call Center when your order is messed up.Burgess Seed charged my credit card for a full order but only sent me half the plants I ordered. I ordered 24 Sub-Zero Hardy Canadian Hemlock but Burgess only sent me 12, ($74.99) -Order# 123952.

When I called them for a refund on the non-shipped plants I found myself talking to a Call Center. 'Abdual' looked my order up on their computer but refused to refund to my card for the items not sent ($37.50). He stated I had to send in the label and a note that I did not receive my full order. I ask for a refund based on receiving only 1/2 the order and did not want the remaining plants as it took Burgess Seed over a month to get me the half order and it was too late in the year to wait for the plants they failed to send.

Abdual informed me he was in the Call Center and could not do that. I ask for someone that could correct the problem. 'Judy' was put on the line. Judy basically told me that I had to jump through the hoops, send in the label, a note in order for the remainder of my order to be sent.

I once again told her that it was too late in the year to wait for the rest of the order. I also informed her that I needed to keep the label as proof to send in if any of the plants died within one year. I ask her to refund me for the 1/2 order I did not receive. Judy told me that she would not change the policy and I would have to send in the label and a note that I did not receive my full order - in-spite of me having to retain the label for future plant guarantees.

So I am out $37.50 from this company, but I did tell her I would give Burgess Seed &;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Plant Co. at least that much advertisement.

This company has no interest in working with its customers after it makes mistakes with their orders and over charges the customer - BEWARE...ARE... Do Not Buy from Burgess Seed and Plant Co.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Burgess Seed And Plant Company Cons: Fail to ship full orders while charging full price, Hiding behind stoneage technology that requires snail mail.

Comments

#2035190

I ordered 30 plants from them ,it took 3 months to get them ,then they sent dead sticks about 5 inches long I planted them anyway,none has came up and I did keep them watered ,I have about25 pots of plants that I bought at other places none has died,they look beautiful ,but the ones I bought from this company is dead. Please save your money do not buy from them

#2019029

They are lying to you. Call Owens nursery and florist in bloomington illinois and ask for the office manger tammy.

Susan phelps is fake and if they tell you that you have to write a letter to talk to a manger they are lying.

Those letter writers are fake and it is just the owner and the front office. The only way to get in touch is by calling owens nursery and florist

#2017086

I received grass! I ordered $151 worth of their products in April.

My check was cashed on April 7th, and I just received one bag of shade grass seed a few days ago.

That was after constantly trying to reach the company through websites, and emails that no longer worked, I finally got through to the call center! I am NEVER gonna use this company anymore!

Burgess Seed And Plant Company Reviews