5.0

I ordered a trailing rose bush. I could not plant it right away, so I put in a bucket (the roots) of water.

I actually took 2 months to plant and the bush/tree was thriving beautifully in the water. I had never seen that 3 roses emerged. I have never seen that either, (roses emerge from roots in water). A year later it's doing beautifully.

It also came w/instructions of how to plant it. That really helped!

I also bought a lemon tree. It arrived a little dormant. I left it in the pot for until this year, brought inside during the cold winter, then re-potted it this spring.

Its thriving.

I learned a quick tip on planting that if planting in clay, really hard soil, (I'm thinking any kind of soil, (we have clay and it is so bad), is to water the hole you make for your bush/tree, put top soil, peat moss, and I add a type of soil that is sold (anywhere in garden) to start seedlings. I have yet to see anything die. I think the new trick for me was the water in the hole. I think for me some of my plants in the past years that did not make it was bc it was so dry even after I water it.

Not only that, to continue to water until they are established. It has been a learning experience, and I am still learning.

Product or Service Mentioned: Burgess Seed And Plant Company Plant.

Burgess Seed And Plant Company Pros: Catalog variety, Nice catalog and diverse oroducts, Price and quality of plants are good, Every order i have placed with them has arrived complete.

Comments