Turnaround Time

Update by user Mar 27

3/17/2017: Today I received a "check" from Dutch Gardens to be spent only at their online store.The check was only for the amount of the plants I paid for but not my shipping charges.

The letter that accompanied the check said they went above and beyond by refunding my cost of the plants because normally they would not do this since I didn't mail their dead plants back to them - which would have been done AT MY COST, not theirs. Well, I figured it was smarter to not throw good money after bad.

Listen, this used to be a world class company, but something happened and they clearly could care less about customer service and the quality of their product is garbage.If you want to check out the best of the best, visit Bluestone Perennials or Santa Rosa Gardens.

Original review posted by user Dec 14, 2016

This company owns Dutch Gardens, an online plant store.BE FORWARNED OF THE DUTCH GARDENS REFUND/RETURN POLICIES IF YOU ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

YOU WILL END UP PAYING FOR THEIR MISTAKES. I ordered three Christmas cactus plants and they waited almost a month to send these to me. The plants arrived at my door mushy and dying. These were supposed to be Christmas gifts, so I immediately called the company to find out if there is any way to revive the plants, and was told to send an email to cusomter service.

Three days go by without a response to my email so I called again. The rep told me that I could wait and see if the plants survive (doubtful) otherwise, my other options were to 1) get replacement plants next year because they were done shipping for the year, or 2) I could send the plants back to them AT MY EXPENSE and they would refund my money LESS MY ORIGINAL SHIPPING CHARGES! This is the most ridiculous policy I have ever heard of. So tell me what company sends you a defective product and expects you to eat the cost?

I asked if I could speak with a surpervisor, but "gee, there was no supervisor working today". I asked if they could have a supervisor call me when they are available, and was told "that's not how it works, you have to call them". I asked for the name of the supervisor so I could call tomorrow, but, "gee, they don't know who might be working tomorrow, I just have to call, that is how it works".

I have never been so FRUSTRATED with a company.PURCHASE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $37. The author is overall dissatisfied with Burgess Seed And Plant Company. The most disappointing about burgess seed and plant company plant from Burgess Seed And Plant Company was no communucation, horrendous customer service and unsatisfactory refund policies Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Burgess Seed And Plant Company.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Landscaping and Gardening category for more informed decision or compare Burgess Seed And Plant Company to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Burgess Seed And Plant Company?

Comments