323 views
Verified Reviewer

A couple of years ago, I ordered a 3-in-1 Angel Trumpet. To my dismay, it has grown some but has not ever produced a bloom.

I have other regular Angels Trumpets in the same general area that bloom profusely.

I feel like I have been duped. I even rooted another plant from the one I ordered, and it does not bloom either. False advertising! I will never order from you all again anytime soon.

A very disappointed customer,

*************

I sent the email above to the company.

This is their reply to me:

Thank you for your email regarding your order.

We apologize, but we are unable to issue a replacement at this time as your guarantee has expired. The 1 year replacement guarantee is valid for 1 year from receipt of the original order and does not extend for replacement orders.

*****

The plant I received has NEVER bloomed, and they will not issue a replacement???

False advertising to sell a plant that promises many blooms and I got NONE!!

Order at your own risk! To give the company even one star is too many.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: replacement-- a plant that is a proven bloomer.

Burgess Seed And Plant Company Cons: Deceiving catalog, Poor quality of plants, Terrible customer service, Not exactly truthful about their return policy, Defective product.

Comments

I'm getting the run around from them on $2 worth of tomato seeds. I ordered $50 worth of tubers, bulbs and seeds and received all but tomato seeds.

I emailed them and for two weeks they kept telling me they were looking in to it. Finally they said they'd turn it over to the proper Dept??? Well, if this wasn't the right dept why were they talking to me. I sent them pictures of labels and reciept to prove there were not tomato seeds and 3 days ago they finally told me them sent them on Feb 7; this was April 15.

The were mailed regular mail and they told me to keep watching for them. Watch for them 2 1/2 months after mailing?

They are lost. And they won't send me seeds that probably cost them a quarter.

Burgess Seed And Plant Company Reviews